Posts tagged emilia clarke
Posts tagged emilia clarke
Let us discuss the fact that Emilia Clarke and I seem to have the exact same Banana Republic striped top.
Emilia Clarke in Broadway’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
I’ve spent the better part of this weekend trolling the San Diego Comic Con tag on Tumblr because it’s that time of year and once again I didn’t remember when it was coming, let alone figure out a way to get tickets and GO. The most important part of this year’s event for me has been the Game of Thrones panel as they’ve just begun filming season three which will premiere in March 2013.
My girl Emilia Clarke was there, AKA Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones AKA “my Khalessi” and the mother of dragons. Also a pretty big girlcrush of mine. Let me count the ways, all 10 of ‘em, of why I heart the crap outta her.
1. When I wrote my first article for HelloGiggles, she was the main subject. I agonized for a hot minute there about what to start off writing about on that site. Often times when that happens I just go with what my gut says to do and at that particular moment, we were in awe of Emilia.*
*I recently discovered this article has been makin’ the rounds on Pinterest. Proud of ya - and the rad people for repinning it around.
2. Her body is incredible. Shut up, you’re thinking it too. It is very difficult for me to find a TV show to watch in which I can actually look at the main female character and go, “Hey, she’s curvy. Like me! And isn’t mysteriously losing weight every couple of episodes either until she whittles away to nothing!” Loving it.
3. I feel like we’d get along in real life simply for our hair being the same shade. She’s a natural brunette, as the above photo should be able to tell you. It’s a great hair color. Remember, brunettes not war jets.
4. Daenerys doesn’t take shit from anybody. Brother threatening to murder her? He gets a “golden crown.” Anybody ever attempting to mess around with her dragons? THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS AIN’T HAVING NONE OF THAT.
5. She can stand on her own two feet with or without a man and command respect. Which in a world of Bella Swans and Anastasia Steeles, where co-dependency to the point where you can’t even tie your own shoelaces together on your own is the startling norm, is refreshing to see.
6. I will not deny that it is because of her that somewhere in the back of my head, I hope that the next person I date will affectionately refer to me as a “Khalessi.” It’s not so uncommon, y’know. Ben Wyatt called Leslie Knope this endearment once.
7. I read a story once that Emilia went through a series of terrible jobs, including one as a receptionist, before she landed her big break. Just goes to show you that you never know when your luck may turn it around for the absolute best.
8. She can make a terrible blonde wig look good.
9. While simultaneously inspiring me to actively want to braid my hair. (And I don’t like braids.)
10. Looking at her, I can already tell her future post GoT will be insanely bright. She’s a great actress and in my head, I’m already writing a romcom that I’d want her to be the main character in.